Year 4 Autumn Term 2
In Maths, we will be:
In English, we will be:
In Science, we will be finding out about:
- Construct simple series electrical circuit.
- Recognise switch opens and closes circuit.
- Recognise conductors and insulators.
Art & Design
In Art, we will be learning to:
- to creating sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas
- to improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials (e.g. pencil, charcoal, paint, clay)
- about great artists, architects and designers in history.
In Computing, we’ll be finding out:
- design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, including controlling or simulating physical systems; solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts
- use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content
Design and Technology
In Design and Technology, we will be:
- generate, develop, model and communicate their ideas through discussion, annotated sketches, cross-sectional and exploded diagrams, prototypes, pattern pieces and computer-aided design
- select from and use a wider range of tools and equipment to perform practical tasks, such as cutting, shaping, joining and finishing, accurately
- select from and use a wider range of materials and components, including construction materials, textiles and ingredients, according to their functional properties and aesthetic qualities
- evaluate their ideas and products against their own design criteria and consider the views of others to improve their work
- apply their understanding of how to strengthen, stiffen and reinforce more complex structures
- understand and use electrical systems in their products, such as series circuits incorporating switches, bulbs, buzzers and motors
Geography is not covered in this topic
In History, we will be learning about:
- changes in an aspect of social history (electric light bulb and other inventions)
Languages are not covered in this topic
In Music, we will be:
- listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory
- appreciate and understand a wide range of high-quality live and recorded music drawn from different traditions and from great composers and musicians
- play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
Physical Education (PE)
In PE, we will:
- use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination
- take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team
- compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best.
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively such as front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Personal, Social & Health Education (PSHE)
In PSHE, we will be:
Getting On and Falling Out
In R.E, we are following the Lincolnshire syllabus and covering:
- Creation stories from Around the world
- Christian Christmas Story