Year 3 Autumn Term 2 and Spring Term 1
In Maths, we will be:
- Learning written methods for addition, subtraction multiplication and division.
- Problem solving and reasoning
- Regular mental maths practise
- Developing and securing our 3, 4 and 8 times tables
In English, we will be:
- Reading ‘How to wash your Woolly Mammoth’ and using it to learn about instruction writing.
- Reading ‘The Stone Age Boy’ and using its ideas to write their own story.
- Writing a diary entry from the perspective of an Early Human
Science is not covered in this topic
Art & Design
In Art, we will be:
Using alternative tools to create art (paining with sticks, stone rubbings, charcoal drawings etc.
- to create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas
- to improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials [for example, pencil, charcoal, paint, clay]
In Computing, we will:
Learning how to use the computers and iPads that’s we have at Lacey Gardens. We’ll be using them for our topic work and start exploring computer coding.
- use sequence, selection, and repetition in programs; work with variables and various forms of input and output
- use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content
- use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly; recognise acceptable/unacceptable behaviour; identify a range of ways to report concerns about content and contact.
Design and Technology
In Design and Technology, we will:
Creating 3D models of mammoths, designing and building shelters, baking Stone Age Bread.
- select from and use a wider range of tools and equipment to perform practical tasks [for example, cutting, shaping, joining and finishing], accurately
- select from and use a wider range of materials and components, including construction materials, textiles and ingredients, according to their functional properties and aesthetic qualities
Geography is not covered in this topic
In History, we will be:
Learning all about Stone, Bronze and Iron ages and finding out how we can learn about events that weren’t recorded.
- know and understand the history of these islands as a coherent, chronological narrative, from the earliest times to the present day: how people’s lives have shaped this nation and how Britain has influenced and been influenced by the wider world
- understand the methods of historical enquiry, including how evidence is used rigorously to make historical claims, and discern how and why contrasting arguments and interpretations of the past have been constructed
Languages are not covered in this topic
Music is not covered in this topic
Physical Education (PE)
In PE, we will:
- perform dances using a range of movement patterns
- compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best.
Personal, Social & Health Education (PSHE)
In PSHE, we will be:
talking about friendships and what makes a good friend. We’ll be learning about our friends in Nepal.
In R.E, we are following the Lincolnshire syllabus and covering:
Learning about Christian beliefs and the birth and life of Jesus.